Speaker at your event
Your audience loves taking photos on their phone - don't you?
Finding a quality and interesting speaker and topic is difficult in the social media space. You want something unique that will have people talking about long after your event.
Everyone has a phone – and they love taking photos in their professional and personal lives.
We all share the frustration of not knowing how to easily make them look amazing and stand out.
Taking incredible images is so much more than the tap of the screen. I will show your attendees the hidden features, practical jargon-free techniques, apps and how to edit the image to create WOW photos that they are proud to post and share.
The skills learned are life-long and will be associated with your event when your attendees are confidently capturing memories and creating stories.
A little bit about me
Delivering hundreds of in-person workshops, I have combined 20 years of experience in photography and mentoring to be able to deliver extraordinary value, in an engaged and intelligent way.
Well aware of how brutal it is to sit in front of an ‘expert’ who reads their presentation - my presenting style is very dynamic, passionate and inclusive of the audience.
My infectious enthusiasm comes from being on a mission to help you become more photography literate, priding himself on avoiding any technical jargon – leaving you and your audience educated, inspired and ready to create stunning images. Read more here
What to expect
- After your consideration - complete the below contact form.
- We will have an initial call to understand your needs and identify if we are a good fit.
- I will deliver a presentation that is educational and entertaining and tailored to your audience.
- I will provide a unique resources page for your audience to access at any time for future reference
- After the event, we will have a debrief to make sure that I met your expectations.
Jargon-free topics I can cover:
- Quick camera phone specific techniques and tips
- Identify how to create visual impact and engagement in your photos
- How to set up a photo to best capture the story
- Recommended iPhone and Android photo capture and editing apps
- Overcoming limitations of the phone, using techniques, accessories and apps
- Basic, through to advanced photographic theory and photo editing workflows
- Here is a list of corporate workshops I currently deliver
Using social media for my job I wanted to improve the quality of my photos I post. Mike was a fantastic teacher and I learnt a lot over the two hours. It’s hard to believe what you can do with your Smartphone! I’ve been able to immediately put many of the tips into practice and would highly recommend his courses. Thanks Mike.
City of Melbourne, Visitor Insights
I joined the workshop to learn how to take WOW images, for work reasons and for my own personal images too. The session was great and useful for people with all levels of technology knowledge. I learned some handy information that I will now use on a day to day basis. Mike was friendly and very knowledgeable. Thanks
Business Events Geelong
Mike's workshop really opened up my eyes on what is achievable with these devices. The workshop format was very flexible and allowed me to ask lots of questions based on the types of photos I take both for work and personally. Mike's knowledge of both camera and editing apps was amazing.
Mike's workshop is clearly presented, well organised and a lot of fun. Mike is very knowledgeable and presents the information in a jargon-free, non-judgmental manner with a lot of positive re-enforcement and tips to improve your photographs. I highly recommend the course to all who want to get more from their smartphone camera.
The workshop has helped me to move out of my mobile photography 'comfort zone' and start experimenting with other editing apps and more features of my iPhone. The FB group is a great follow up support as the news skills will take time to develop. Thanks Mike for answering all my questions and the great follow up.