Better Mobile Photos is all about Smartphone Photography
Hello and a Huge Welcome
At Better Mobile Photos, we break mobile photography down into practical, jargon-free techniques and tips to help you:
- Be confident and creative (Don’t worry – we all didn’t get that creative gene)
- Enjoy photography without all the technical know-how you don’t need to know!
- Receive instant gratification in the mobile phone photos you capture and share
- Best capture those precious moments, stories, travel, family, friends, food and selfies!
- Capture engaging and creative images in your personal and professional life
Let us make one thing clear straight up – we would never suggest your phone camera technology can compare with a DSLR.
What can be said with absolute certainty – a better camera does not equal a better photographer.
You can capture WOW photos that people will not believe was taken on a phone.
Not convinced? Have a look at the images shared in our Facebook community
The key to consistently capturing amazing photos on your smartphone and enjoying photography, are:
- Conveniently having a camera on you at all times
- Identifying photo opportunities (a strong subject to communicate)
- Creatively capturing the story or subject - make it interesting
- Photographic theories and techniques
- Taking full advantage of camera replacement apps available
- Strategic use of photo editing apps – kept the best until last!
Our content and in-person workshops can benefit:
- Travelers who do not want to carry your expensive camera
- Individuals who enjoy taking photos and want to go beyond snapshots
- All of us that struggle with creativity or simply want some inspiration
- Not sure which apps to use and how to get the most out of them
- Fun group activities; mums groups, friends day out, workplace, etc
- Industry groups providing professional development opportunities
- Marketing, government, property, retail, hospitality, health, insurance, etc
- Gift idea for yourself or that person who has everything – including a phone!
We cannot help those who:
- Print photos routinely above A3
- Love tinkering and spending hours in photo editing software
- Still believe digital photography will never take off!
- Carry their DSLR with them always and leave their phone at home on the shelf!
Apologies for being a little facetious.
We actually have quite a few professional photographers in our community who truly appreciate the convenience and capability of the smartphone camera.
My Story - Mike James
'The Mobile Photo Guy'
Hi, I'm Mike a twenty year veteran photographer/educator, and now a self declared mobile photography 'purist'. I capture, edit and share all my photos on the iPad. As you can imagine, attaching my iPad to my large expensive tripod turns a few heads!
Creativity was something I always struggled with. Surprisingly, we are all capable of creating WOW photos. Some of us simply need to learn basic photography theories to tap into that elusive talent and then practice. That is what is so awesome about the technology in our phone cameras - we can ignore the technical stuff and just get out there and have fun experimenting.
Previously, my photography was limited to when I had my big dedicated camera and ironically - I probably had fewer photos in my personal life than most people!
Learning how to see photographic opportunities and the techniques behind why some photos just work - allowed me to be more photography literate. I now see beauty in the ordinary and confidently capture and visually communicate the story behind special moments and experiences.
This has now become a real passion. Better Mobile Photos has allowed me to combine my training and technical photography background to; present and judge at photography clubs, develop online content, delivery in-person workshops and design phone camera training for workplaces. If you need a presenter - I love motivating everyone to be as passionate about it as me!
My mission: Empower and mentor you to become more mobile photography literate, more creative and confident to capture your stories and take advantage of amazing photo editing apps.
Several years ago, my Mother passed away. She, like most of us was camera phobic and hated me pulling out my big camera. Out of respect, I only took photos on special occasions.
I regret the fact that as a professional photographer, I have very few photos and no video of those absolutely precious moments of Mum with my children, who she absolutely adored. If I had of suspended my prejudice toward phone cameras and become an earlier adopter of the less intrusive phone - then I may have captured more photos to cherish.
I go into more detail of my story and why I started Better Mobile Photos in this post.
So please, get out there, take photos of your loved ones and yourself! That's right, buy a selfie stick. Get over your inhibitions, it is not narcissistic - take photos of yourself for your loved ones to cherish.
If you want to learn how to become more confident using your phone and how to take your photos and photo editing well beyond what your phone is capable of - join a scheduled group workshop or contact me to arrange a private group booking.
Subscribe to our email list to receive first notification of upcoming workshops and all the latest tutorials.